Emory's Glenn Family Breast Center to host conference at Emory Saint Joseph's Hospital
Woodruff Health Sciences Center | Aug. 30, 2017
Mary Beth Spence
Senior Manager, Media Relations
Emory's Glenn Family Breast Center at Winship Cancer Institute and Susan G. Komen Greater Atlanta are hosting a special conference at Emory Saint Joseph's Hospital to educate, engage and empower those impacted by breast cancer. The free event will take place on Saturday, Sept. 9 from 9 a.m. to noon in the Emory Saint Joseph's Auditorium. Parking is complimentary and a free breakfast will be provided.
Winship's Glenn Family Breast Center experts will give an overview of breast cancer care and discuss the latest diagnostic and treatment options including clinical trials. Specialists will be on hand to talk about life after breast cancer treatment including breast reconstruction as well as the management of treatment-related side effects.
- Mylin Torres, MD, Director of the Emory Glenn Family Breast Center
- Jane Meisel, MD, Hematology and Medical Oncology
- Wendy Baer, MD, Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
- Michael Aho, MD, Director of Breast Imaging, Emory Saint Joseph's
- Angela Cheng, MD, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Shannon Kahn, MD, Director of Radiation Oncology, Winship at Emory Saint Joseph's
- Fabienne Ehivet, Genetic Counselor
The agenda will also include a mock tumor board preview so participants can see how a multidisciplinary care team discusses and constructs a personalized treatment plan for every patient. To register for this free conference, go to http://komenatlanta.org/emoryeee