Get fit this fall at Blomeyer
Emory Report | Sept. 30, 2021
Blomeyer Health Fitness Center reopened during the summer and continues to update safety protocols according to the university’s guidelines.
Blomeyer Health Fitness Center — the fitness facility solely for faculty and staff of Emory University and Emory Healthcare — reopened during the summer and continues to update safety protocols according to the university’s guidelines. Here’s the latest on operating hours, virtual and in-person classes, and more.
Get clearance to visit
Emory University has a comprehensive clearance process for faculty and staff on the Atlanta and Oxford campuses with the goal of keeping the community safe. All employees must complete the onboarding clearance process prior to coming to campus or entering Blomeyer Health Fitness Center.
Current operating hours are:
- Monday, Tuesday and Thursday: 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Wednesday and Friday: 6 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday: Closed
Join a group fitness class
Blomeyer offers both virtual and in-person group fitness classes, with safety and cleaning protocols in place for on-site classes.
In-person group classes include 30-minute workouts in the group fitness room and on the track, taught by Blomeyer staff. Class participation is limited to ensure safe social distancing.
Virtual group classes are offered weekdays via Zoom. These live, 30-minute workout sessions can be done at home with little (or no) equipment. They are taught by Blomeyer staff and modeled after favorite class formats, including kickboxing, Tabata, body sculpt and more. Log on for classes with the Zoom ID 787 188 5034. All virtual classes are free of charge.
Prep for operational protocols
Blomeyer Health Fitness Center is located on the fifth floor of the 1525 Emory Clinic building on Clifton Road. Memberships can be activated by stopping by the center and signing an updated or new member agreement before using the facility (no membership is required for virtual classes).
Current operational guidelines include:
- Face masks are required and must be worn at all times while in the facility.
- Individual workout sessions are limited to 60 minutes.
- Reservations are required for the tennis and racquetball courts; other reservations are no longer needed.
- Cardio and strength equipment has been spaced to allow for distancing, so some equipment is not available in order to comply with guidelines. Fitness equipment such as dumbbells and kettlebells are cleaned and rotated daily.
- Restrooms are open with a limited number of showers available. Towels are not provided.
- Water bottle filling stations are available.
Note that safety protocols can change at any time, depending on current circumstances.